1. According to Midgely, moral isolationism leads to
2. What is Peter Singer’s point about performing vivisection on mentally disabled human infants?
3. The point of the story of Gyges is that we are all
4. Kenneth Anderson argues that the fact that drones make the resort to force easier
5. Which is one of the claims that Milton Friedman presents to make the case that a corporate executive who undertakes acts that are in line with the common understanding of corporate social responsibility is also accepting the doctrine of socialism?
6. Midgely concludes that
7. In evaluating the potential greatest good of an action, rule utilitarianism looks at
8. Which of the following does not happen to pigs on today’s factory farms in the “Meet Your Meat” video?
9. Robinson describes magnanimity as the mean between the extremes of:
10. According to the scene from The Bridge on the River Kwai, what is the ultimate reason Colonel Nicholson (Alec Guinness) insists that the soldiers work hard to build the best bridge possible:
11. The legal argument that Freeman presents can be summed up like this: caveat emptor has been replaced with caveat venditor. This means that:
12. R.B. Brandt argues that in a war between affluent nations, a policy of good treatment of prisoners
13. Current theorists on abuse claim that abused women should not be considered “victims” but this
14. Rachels argues that the conventional doctrine:
15. Midgley analyzes the position that each society is a separate culture with its own values. This position is known as
16. In 2003, how many people died in Canada?
17. Glaucon seems to think that people are
18. In the video, “Drones Are Ethical and Effective,” Kenneth Anderson argues that the use of drones is ethical because
19. Which businessmen, according to Friedman, are typically excluded in the rhetoric of the social responsibility of business?
20. If Midgley is correct, moral scepticism
21. What moral theory does Peter Singer accept?
22. What happens to the offspring of dairy cows, according to the video “Meet Your Meat”?
23. Jeremy Waldron argues that the current use of drone warfare is unethical because it is conducted
24. Glaucon thinks that deep in our hearts we all believe that
25. Robinson argues that honor
26. Why do some social theorists claim that we should stop asking the question, “Why do women stay in abusive relationships?”
27. How are employees negatively affected?
28. According to Rachels, active euthanasia involves:
29. According to Aristotle, we should begin ethical inquiry by specifying:
30. Milton Friedman argues that persons may choose to undertake social responsibilities to their communities, churches, or nations, and devote their own incomes to causes that they deem morally worthy. But, he adds, if corporate executives attempt to take such social responsibilities or to direct the corporation’s profits to such personal causes, without approval from the shareholders, then:
31. What is the argument by Ronald Duska, which Robert Larmer presents?
32. According to Tom Regan, what is fundamentally wrong with our current system
33. Tom Regan’s view of animals is that
34. According to Aristotle, happiness is:
35. What moral theory does Peter Singer accept?
36. It is unfair to criticize the profit-making purpose of business because:
37. According to Rachels, many people accept the conventional doctrine because they believe:
38. According to Rachels, the case of Smith and Jones shows that:
39. According to Held, feminist theories of self
40. In the article “War and Massacre,” Thomas Nagel argues that utilitarianism
41. What, according to Tom Regan, is the contractarian approach to ethics?
42. According to Peter Singer a “person” is
43. In the video, “Drones are Ethical and Effective,” Kenneth Anderson states that drones are different from other weapon systems because
44. According to Foot, the violation of a negative duty involves:
45. In which country in the videos is it legal to commit assisted suicide?
46. Glaucon states that most people think that justice
47. Michael Walzer argues that there is a radical distinction between war and civil life because
48. Aristotle claims that the function of human life is:
49. Noddings claims that the atomic bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima were
50. Which of the following does Tom Regan say about the utilitarian approach to animal ethics?