1. I know that Stephen has a lot of money. His parents drive Mercedes. His dogs wear cashmere sweaters, and he paid cash for his Hummer
2. Joe must make a lot of money teaching philosophy, since most philosophy professors are rich.
3. A nation is only as great as its people. The people are reliant on their leaders. Leaders create the laws in which all people can flourish. If those laws are not created well, the people will suffer. This is why the people of the United States are currently suffering
4. Heidegger’s works are some of the most difficult to understand. It takes years and years of reading and studying in order to learn his terminology and the way that he expresses himself. However, the payoff of learning his expression is a greater understanding of what it means to be a philosopher.
5. Chances are that I will not be able to get in to see Slipknot since it is an over 21 show, and Jeffrey, James, and Sloan were all carded when they tried to get in to the club.
6. Triangle A is congruent to triangle B. Triangle A is an equilateral triangle. Therefore, triangle B is an equilateral triangle.
7. The farmers in Poland have produced over 500 bushels of wheat on average the past 10 years. This year they will produce over 500 bushels of wheat.
8. If you drive too fast, you will get into an accident. If you get into an accident your insurance premiums will increase. Therefore, if you drive too fast, your insurance premiums will increase.
9. The legalization of drugs is neither unwise nor immoral. It is not unwise because by legalizing drugs we would eliminate the illegal drug trade. Hence, by legalizing drugs, we would rid our nation of all the violence that goes along with the illegal drug trade. Furthermore, the legalization of drugs is not immoral because it can be combined with a massive program of moral education.
10. Paying people to mow your lawn is not a good policy. When people mother their own lawns, they create self-discipline. In addition, they are able to save a lot of money over time.
11. This is not the best of all possible worlds, because the best of all possible worlds would not contain suffering, and this world contains much suffering.
12. All dogs are warm-blooded. All warm-blooded creatures are mammals. Hence, all dogs are mammals.
13. Too many intravenous drug users continue to risk their lives by sharing dirty needles. This situation could be changed if we were to supply drug addicts with a way to get clean needles. This would lower the rate of AIDS in this high-risk population as well as allow for the opportunity to educate and attempt to aid those who are addicted to heroin and other intravenous drugs.
14. No physical object can travel faster than light. An electron is a physical object. So, an electron cannot travel faster than light.
15. I felt fine until I missed lunch. I must be feeling tired because I don’t have anything in my stomach.
16. Seventy percent of the students at this university come from upper class families. The school budget has taken a hit since the economic downturn. We need funding for the three new buildings on campus. I think it’s time for us to start a phone campaign to raise funds so that we don’t plunge into bankruptcy.
17. Some apples are not bananas. Some bananas are things that are yellow. Therefore, some things that are yellow are not apples.
18. Dogs are better than cats, since they always listen to what their masters say. They also are more fun and energetic.
19. The study of philosophy makes your soul more slender, healthier, and beautiful. You should study philosophy.
20. Our dogs are extremely sick. I have to work every day this week, and our house is a mess. There’s no way I’m having my family over for Festivus.